Tuesday, July 25, 2006

no sleep till brooklyn: i'm home

4,556 miles later and i'm finally home, and to be honest, i kinda get choked up as a type it out. i didn't really think i was going to be emotional about coming home. i guess that gives you a window into how emotinally closed off i can be. i love my parents, but seeing them so far hasn't even been really emotional. i think what really gets me is just the fact that i'm here. i started in san diego, and now i'm in webster. i know i started 10 days ago, but it really feels like no time has passed.
no time has passed since we left san diego, no time has past even since i left rochester nearly 2 full years ago. everything is always such a blur for me. i've gotta start paying more attention to things. i'm hoping that embaking on a career which is entirely based on paying attention to everything around you at all times is going to help me with that.
anyway, i'm not going to get into all of this right now, because i'm hanging out with my pops, watching tv and lounging on the couch, so i can't get too introspective just yet, but if i don't get back to this stuff, someone should get on my ass and yell at me.
so, before i go, lets just go through a quick summary of all the states we went through. here we go:
california, nevada, utah, colorado, kansas, missouri, illinois, kentucky, tennessee, virginia, north carolina (for some reason mapquest told us to take route 80 from nashville to north carolina, even though route 40 goes straight from nashville to winston salem), virginia, west virginia, pennsylvania (then back through west virginia cuz i took a wrong turn for about 20 miles), back to pennsylvania and then finally to new york.
this road trip is over, but i still have a long, difficult road ahead of me.
for now...i'm really home.

4 Comments:

Blogger GreenLibrarian said...

/happydance!

7:30 AM  
Blogger kiss my shades said...

:(

11:03 AM  
Blogger Hoffcorp said...

I am glad you made it. I finally broke down and made my first RSS for the website.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Do tell us all about your adventures in the heartland once you've gotten yourself back on east coast time.

And keep up with this updating your blog thing, it's nice!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home