Wednesday, April 23, 2008

birthday blog


one year ago

today
another year has come and gone. a lot has changed.
last night was fun, but i got too drunk, too fast, and have some gaps in my memory. i like to think that those gaps are there for a reason, so that i don't have to think about the things i may have said or done. i wish i could at least remember blowing out my birthday candles. this year was one of the first times i had really thought about what i would wish for, and looked forward to the opportunity to have a clear and distinct moment in which i gathered the strength and determination to ask for something that would be good for me. just one moment in time in which i had the power to put out the fires, but instead all i have is a distorted image of candles coming at me and a vague recollection of them going out.
it was a fun night, and i don't want my birthday blues to wash away the fact that i did have fun, but doesn't everyone just get at least a little depressed on their birthday?

1 Comments:

Blogger andrew said...

I keep telling you -- Alaska. That's where the fun is. Come up here. We'll do terrible things to innocent objects. Oh, and happy birthday... somewhat late...

We should talk more. And there's no better place to talk than my porch in Wasilla.

NORTH! TO ALASKA! GO NORTH THE RUSH IS ON! NORTH! TO ALASKA!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home