Monday, November 12, 2007

dream

in bed with someone i do not know, whose face i cannot see. naked and writhing with our bodies intertwined, i kiss, suck and bite her neck as my hands massage and explore the smooth expanse of her back. she faces away from me and is prone. i begin a slow and steady descent to the seat of her femininity. my initial lappings bring moans, which soon turn into demands, and as my inhibition snaps i devour her and savor the ecstatic opera that fills my ears. i am unprepared, so i ask for a condom. instead i am handed a contraceptive that i don't know how to use. a plastic spool with string wrapped around it the wrong way, creating a cage around its core, a core with a latex ring. defeated, i flop on the bed and disappear.
i find myself in a mental hospital that seems more a dormitory, apartment complex or co-op for the mentally unstable. i feel as though i know people here, but could name only one if pressed. there is something for me to do, an assignment has been handed to me, but i don't know what it is. i wander the building looking for clues...up flights of stairs, through hallways and open doors. its like i'm trapped in a maya deren film, and around every corner lurks something new and unexpected, yet familiar and understood. the building is on fire, but i have no fear or anxiety. i continue my wanderings, encountering at least one ex-girlfriend on the way. our conversation is friendly, yet distant...desirious, yet mournful. i'm standing on a balcony, watching the flames consume the floors below me. i am alone, but someone is with me...silently watching as i watch my sanctuary burn.

8 Comments:

Blogger GreenLibrarian said...

I had a dream too, it was much less loaded, and went something like this...

10:21 PM  
Blogger GreenLibrarian said...

(click "this" in the previous comment...)

12:31 PM  
Blogger R. Peeps said...

you dream about sniffing the backfire of a semiautomatic canine?

4:23 PM  
Blogger GreenLibrarian said...

Yes...well, I guess that may be equally loaded as your dream, depending on what my laser gun a'la poochie ate for breakfast.

Master Chief would be proud.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Pretty much sounds like every sexual experience i've ever had. Are you spying on me again?

3:02 PM  
Blogger R. Peeps said...

i'm spying on so many people, i can't give you a definitive answer unless you tell me who it is on whom i might be spying

4:24 AM  
Blogger andrew said...

I want to make a "your mom" joke but somehow can't come up with one. I'm getting rusty.

I had a dream once that I was in a huge fire. Terrorists had taken out Los Angeles. And I was a reporter with a video camera.

Funny because, while I fantized often in my time there of Los Angeles' destruction, I try not to think of myself as a media vulture. More of a media sparrow.

7:25 PM  
Blogger GreenLibrarian said...

RE: Your Brains

Cheers.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home