Friday, December 17, 2004

radical truth-teller

" TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Have you heard of the book, *Toxic Sludge Is Good for You!: Lies, Damn Lies and the Public Relations Industry?* How about George Orwell's science fiction novel, *1984,* in which the government trumpets the slogan, "War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength"? If I could, I'd give you these books as holiday gifts, Taurus. I'd also present you with an altar made of fine wood. With these foundation materials, I'd ask you to begin building a Truth Shrine in your home. This source of power might help you stay alert for and immune to the elevated levels of BS you'll be called on to fend off in 2005. Maybe it would also inspire you to be in service to us all as you earn the title of "Radical Truth-Teller."

i find it highly encouraging that as i enter a new year and hopefully look forward to returning to grad school and philosophy, i can look forward to a lot of "BS." truth-telling really has a nice ring to it, i think i'll really enjoy being a radical truth-teller. philosophy is essentially the pursuit of truth, if you apply to the school of thought that there is an objective truth, which i'm unclear about, which is why i want to go back to school.
truth has always been an important virtue to me, but it took a horoscope for me to have an "aha" moment to the extent that i consciously realize that truth is one of those great words that you can always count on. its maybe one of the only words i'd ever get tattooed on myself.
perhaps if 2005 turns out to be as fun and BS-filled as Rob Brezny seems to indicate, maybe i'll get truth tattooed on my forearm...man, i'd be such a badass philosopher if i got another tattoo related to my philosophical beliefs. philosophy students would be killing eachother to get into my class.
truth...i have some things to consider about this "truth" concept. and i have to get working on that truth shrine.

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Hey ~

You'll be in Rochacha, hmm? Yeah. We should go out and tear shit up, maybe even storm the ET and smash mugs in honor of the absent Suze.

I'm a bull too and it's good to know that I should get to working on my truth shrine, I started it and then got hungry and wandered off in search of a sandwich.

Hi McBestler, this corner of the world isn't nearly as tolerable without you.

Xtina.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home